Sunday, January 22, 2006

my new horse friend

I have always been a little scared of horses, mainly because they are so damn strong and if they can put the hurt on you if they aren't happy with you, but I have definitely made an exception as of last night. Paul and Carrie live on few acres in Montevallo and their neighbor has a huge piece of farmland behind them where this very friendly young horse lives. The McGrann's don't know their neighbor or this horses official name. They call him Kalijah and he is so flirty that last night when I tried to go back to the bon fire to sit down, he leaned over the fence and grabbed my hat and pulled it off. He reminds of of a huge version of Andi. Like a Great Dane, this young horse has no idea how big he is and just wants to be a part of the party. I think the McGranns treat him like another critter and he and their dog, Snuff, are friends. Last time I was at the McGrann's my friend Peter jumped the fence and actually ran around with this horse and the horse followed him around like a puppy.

No comments: