Friday, June 30, 2006

Mess-o-fish


Dad and I caught over 20 bream in Lake Weiss, one of our many new discoveries during our short trip. This massive lake, called the Crappie capital of the world, is more than 30,000 acres and goes well into Georgia. Crappie is another name for Bream (pronounced "brim"). We kept 16 and Dad got back to his South Alabama roots by frying these suckers up Monday morning -- they were good too.

I'm sure that on the many hundreds of miles of fishing area on this lake, my dad was probably the only one with a Vanderbilt cap and shirt (his alma mater). It's better than the Forenza sweatshirt, that belonged to me, he used to wear out jogging when I was in junior high. Of course, the jogging track was next to the junior high school. Any girl who grew up in the 1980s knows the pain of this.

No comments: